Safe Travel

Travel documents

For Thailand you need an international passport, which is valid for 6 months beyond the duration of the trip. If you stay less then 30 days in Thailand, most Travellers do not need a Tourist Visa. Visa requirements depend on your nationality, be well informed before you start your trip. If you travel on to another country or you can not show a return ticket home, you will need to apply for a Tourist Visa at a Thai embassy.


Travel & cancellation insurance

Travel insurance is mandatory, so we can provide you the best assistance in case it becomes necessary. The insurance must provide cover against personal accident, medical expenses, personal liability and emergency repatriation. We strongly recommend getting an insurance that covers cancellation and loss of luggage, especially if you carry expensive personal belongings such as a camera or an MP 3 player. We suggest you arrange your travel insurance at the same time of booking your flights.


Travel health & vaccinations

We strongly recommend you to seek medical assistance regarding vaccinations and personal health in preparation for your trip. The following vaccinations are recommended:

  • Hepatitis A
  • Typhoid
  • Revaccinating for Tetanus- Diphtheria (every 10 years)

Hepatitis A vaccine should be given at least two weeks before departure, a booster should be given 6-12 months later to insure long-term immunity.

Malaria is found in rural areas bordering Cambodia, Myanmar and Laos. During our Tours, we do not visit these high risk areas.

However, we are not responsible for your decision not to take any anti-malaria tablets or vaccinations.


International driver’s license

Travellers are discouraged to drive their own vehicles or take motorbike taxi’s. In case you do drive your own vehicle, you will need to be in the possession of an international driver’s license. Keep in mind that most insurance companies do not cover motorbike accidents. Motorbike rentals do not ask for your international motorbike license, but according to Thai law you need to possess it.